WatersEdge all but floats on the Water.
Our spectacular waterfront venue provides the perfect setting for any and all occasions.
Majestic views overlooking Sydney Harbour present a backdrop for the most special of events, whether it be a special occassion celebration, your magical wedding day, or inspiring your clients when you hold your next company function, the WatersEdge will cater for all of your needs.
Situated directly underneath the Harbour Bridge, with breathtaking water and city views, WatersEdge all but floats on Water.
Standing on the end of Pier 1, our unique venue offers a contemporary and stylish setting to host a la carte dining or indeed your next private event catering for up to 700 at any one time.
Enveloped by views of Sydney’s famous Harbour Bridge, offering 5 star cuisine and a loyal experienced team, The WatersEdge is a perfect choice to host your next special occasion.
- Modern Australian
- Phone: (02 ) 9247 4927
- Address: Ground Floor, Pier One, 11 Hickson Road Walsh Bay, Sydney CBD, NSW Australia
- Chef: Michael James – Executive Chef , Michael James, is passionate about creating imaginative cuisine for both function catering and the restaurant menus.Michael has been creating innovative cuisine since 1977 on completion of his Apprenticeship in Wales. Refinement of his culinary skill and innovation within some of the finest restaurants in Switzerland and Germany inspired him to explore Antipodean cuisine in highly regarded hotel kitchens in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and then Regent of Auckland as Executive Chef. In 1996 in partnership with one other, Michael opened Essence, which was quickly recognised as one of New Zealand’s finest dining establishments and in 1999 came the opening of MJ’s Restaurant, Bar, a new up market eatery carrying the Michael James signature.In 2004 he was awarded “Most Innovative Chef’ at the prestigious Lewisham awards in Auckland for his creative and constantly evolving cuisine and soon followed new levels of culinary excellence and commercial success as Executive Chef at Internationally acclaimed and world class Hayman Resort and Wildfire in Sydneyâ€™s Rocks.
- Payment Options: Cash
- Features: Licensed, Smoking area, Street parking, Water views, Wheelchair access
- Ambience: Contemporary, Suitable for business
- Styles: Cocktail, Sit down
- Entertainment: Audio visual, Dance floor
- Suitable For: Birthday/Anniversary, Business lunch/dinner, Christmas party
Large Groups Information
Our contemporary and stylish venue has breathtaking views overlooking the Waters of Sydney Harbour and Walsh Bay. The WatersEdge is a superb backdrop to compliment your next Awards Night, Cocktail Party, Christmas Party, Luncheon, Company Breakfast and now Conference!
Or the perfect wedding reception venue and winner of ABIA Best Wedding Restaurant 12 years in a row! Where Your Childhood Dreams Come True
Imagine your special day in this superb setting, catered for by a team of people dedicated to making your dream come true. Whether it be an intimate wedding or an elaborate event for up to 450 guests, our team will attend to every detail in superb surrounds to create a perfect setting for your special day.
Combining breath taking harbour views with exceptional service and modern and traditional cuisine, we strive to make this special day everything you dreamed about and more.
Here at the WatersEdge we have a dedicated team of professionals to assist in making your special event a reality. Renowned for our flexibility in meeting our clients’ needs, our committed team will ensure complete satisfaction.
WatersEdge is a fabulous venue with a difference. Why not try something different and step outside the square toward the Harbour!
ABIA Winner 1996 – 2008
MEA (Meetings and Events Australia)
Winner of 2004 NSW Meeting Venue -Less than 150 delegates
Minimum patrons classed as a group: 40